Public urged to report anyone seen riding off-road illegally in Crychan and Halfway forests

Posted on 11th January 2020

There has been increase in numbers of illegal motor bikes and 4x4s active in Crychan and Halfway forest over the past few months.

Please can all forest users report either online or by phone every time they see motor bikes and off roaders. You can identify locations in the forest, for the report by using the numbers on the way marker posts. The more reports the police have the more they can get involved and more resources will be available.

Reports can be made by ringing 101 the police non-emergency enquiries number or by completing the Report an Incident Form on the Dyfed Powys Police website.

Riding motorbikes or any other vehicle off road without permission from the landowner is illegal and the driver could be charged with road traffic offences and be fined. Persistent offenders could also risk having their vehicle seized.

More News